Mom-Dad-I: analyze the figure of the child
While he is drawing, don’t get involved in the process, but follow the order of appearance of household on paper. When the picture is ready, ask the kid’s name all the characters in his paintings and get to the analysis.
– On sequence: the sequence of appearance of family members indicates the attitude of the young artist. Usually, the first children draw the most beloved or the most significant family member. If he forgot to draw someone- it means that with this man the child’s strained relationship. The child often portrays in the heart – so he was sure that his parents love him. Conversely, he feels abandoned and alone, if you do not have a picture of me at all.
– Composition: If the figure in the form of group photographs missing one of the family members, ask the child why he forgot it. Such incomplete portrait – serious point to consider.
– Size: the greater the credibility of the child is the man depicted, the higher and greater will be his figure. Rejected children paint themselves as small, spoiled and may not accommodate his giant image.
– Distance: When the house is quiet, and peace, all of the characters are very close to each other. The closer they draw themselves to someone of the parents, the stronger his attachment to that person. Any item drawn between people symbolizes a barrier in the relationship between these family members.
– Colour: All that your child is loved, he would paint with warm colors. Special attachment will Express juicy, bright color. If someone’s clothes baby painted blue paint, then with this person he’s comfortable. If green means this person is respected and important to the child. Yellow would mean impulsivity, and a guide to action, red – aggression, black color indicates emotional rejection of someone from relatives.
-In parts of the body: Carefully hand-drawn facial features signify the love and importance of a parent for a child. If the author of the picture has allocated its face is a sign of narcissism or greater attention to their appearance, but up to 4 years this figure can be considered the norm. If your little artist has depicted the mouth of someone from the parent too large, then maybe this man is doing the child a lot of comments.
If the mouth is very small – the character in life hides his feelings. Drawn teeth say about aggression. Characters with big eyes fearful and small – have something to hide. Long arms, like the complete lack of them, mean that this man is very powerful and psychologically puts pressure on the child. Short hands that show internal weakness. And if the child has drawn himself with his hands up, he wants to prove himself in the family, he lacks attention.
Your child can help to not only find, but also to neutralize the pain points of family relations.
If you’re confused in the interpretation of the masterpiece of his child, then just flip the sheet of paper, and go with him the test on the theme “the Family I want.” Ask the child to draw a family of his dreams, and you will see what is missing each of you to be happy and to give love to their loved ones.